Athens: Full-Day Aigialeia Private Wine Tour with Lunch
Take a stunning wine tour to discover the wonders of nature, history, craftsmanship, religion and vinification. After an hour and a half drive from Athens, hop onto the small train heading to Kalavryta through the magnificent Vouraikos Canyon, considered one of the eight most beautiful train rides worldwide. Upon arrival to the historic city of Kalavryta, take some time to visit the Museum of the Kalavritan Holocaust, walk around and enjoy the beauties of the city.
Continue your trip to the famous monastery of Mega Spileon, a century-old wine production site. In complete harmony with the wild and impressive landscape of the area, the eight-story complex of the monastery is imposing. Next, stop at the Mega Spileon vineyards, now exploited by a modern winery with premium wines. Walk through the vineyards with breathtaking views over the canyon, taste excellent wines, and savor lunch in the vineyards.
- Pick up & return transfer from your point of choice within Athens (tolls included).
- Diakopto – Kalavryta train tickets.
- Visit one winery for a unique tasting of local wines.
- Introduction to the Greek wine, and viticulture history by an experienced sommelier/wine expert that will guide you throughout the tour (from pick up to return).
- Lunch in the vineyards pairing with premium wines of the producer.
- Minimum number of people 2.
- Duration 10 hours approximately.
- All admissions and tasting fees are included.
- Entrance to the Museum of the Kalavritan Holocaust.
- Inclusion of a second winery at € 22,00 per person
- Please contact us for child booking. Rate will be EUR 30,00 less then the advertised.
- All transfers are organized with Mercedes Benz sedan vehicle or with mini-van.
- For bookings of more than 9 persons you are kindly requested to contact our company to tailor made this tour to your needs.