A truly mouthwatering walking experience! Enjoy the most delicious, authentic Greek flavors in a three-hour walking tour that will open your appetite for even more!
- • Available for private booking?
- Yes ( Bookings of 5 persons or more )
- • Level:
- • Family friendly:
- • Walking pace:
- 3 hours
- Meeting Time
Meeting point Syntagma metro station. Start the day sipping a Greek coffee in a traditional Greek coffee shop, and taste fried doughnut balls with honey called “loukoumades”. Get a bite of a filled, crunchy filo layered pie called tyropita in one of the oldest pie baking shops in the center of Athens. Taste koulouri, a specialty pretzel dipped in sesame seeds, from a street stand like most Athenians do every morning. Sample unique local delicacies like sliced meat, different cheeses from several regions of the country, olives and extra virgin olive oil. Walk around the streets of the central market of Athens, smell the spices, taste the fresh fruits and a variety of nuts and enter ”Varvakios agora”, the main meat and fish market. Lastly, finish the tour by tasting the most famous and delicious Greek street food the glorious “Souvlaki”.
The meeting point for the tour is inside Syntagma metro station at 09:30am. Your tour guide will be standing, one level down, by the ticket machines underneath the big hanging clock holding a light blue Athenian tours sign.
Good to know
- We are doing our tours only to small groups with a maximum capacity of 10 people
- The tours are conducted in English
- The walking pace during the tour is moderate with a lot of stops and sitting opportunities
- Wear comfortable shoes and hold a bottle of water
- We advise you to bring an umbrella on rainy days and wear a hat during summer
- There will be plenty of food on the tour, so you only need a light breakfast
- Some of the markets and vendors that we visit close after lunchtime, so the walk can only occur in the morning
- Please check in about any dietary restrictions before your walk so we can make arrangements with your guide
- Meeting point Syntagma Metro Station
- Greek coffee with loukoumades
- Tyropita pie
- Koulouri of Psirri
- Sliced meet tasting
- Olive tasting
- Cheese tasting
- Evripidou Str.
- Athinas Str.
- Varvakios agora
- Pies and loukoumades